"Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine."--Ezekiel 47:12

.

.
Click here to become a Wellness Advocate and Wholesale Member!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Homemade Deodorant

As a family, we are trying to move to more natural products for home use and personal care.  I have tried just about every deodorant out there, with little success.  Forget the so called "natural" ones, they work on me for about 2 minutes!  I love Passionate Homemaking's basic homemade deodorant recipe
Then I found Healing Heart Oils recipe for homemade deodorant and it's amazing!  I decided to try her combination.  

Homemade Deodorant Using doTERRA essential oils

1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 organic Nutiva coconut oil
20 drops doTERRA CPTG essential oil




I followed Healing Heart Oils suggestion and used 10 drops of Purify for it's odor eliminating power and 10 drops of Citrus Bliss because I love the clean scent!  

I mix it up and store it in small Pyrex glass containers and put it on with my fingers.  The deodorant literally can last 2 days!  It doesn't stain clothing!  And best of all, it's all natural and I'm not putting aluminum on my skin that seeps into my body daily.  Less toxic load is a good thing!  And it's cheap!







No comments:

Post a Comment